Released trackon 0.6
Version 0.6 of trackon has been released. You can download it here.
Many improvements and fixes. Now we track much more information (eg., uptime) and display it more clearly.
Some of the major changes included:
- Prepend date/time to log messages, and expand the size of the message log to 128 entries.
- Record the used query string, and limit how much erroneous ‘bencode’ data we keep in log messages.
- Cleanup the main info table, and color-code various statuses.
- Add trackers-raw-info page to display the raw responses we got from trackers, mostly for research and debugging purposes.
- Display a more detailed status and calculate uptime.
- Default output for templates should be utf-8.
- Move announce url validation code from main.py to tracker.py, and make it considerably more sturdy. Also handle unicode garbage in tracker error messages.
- Simple wrapper around datastore.Get() to get by id/name.
- Persist some tracker info, and allow to add, edit and delete trackers from admin page. Display ‘title’ in main page.
- Catch EntityNotFound exception and return None in such cases.
- Add compact=1 to query string to make some trackers happy.
- Enable about page and update base template.
- Reorg CSS files.
- On datastore timeout, retry.
- HTML escape tracker error messages.
- Add dummy uploaded=0 to query string to make ‘tracko’ tracker happy. And document this and other silly requirements from various trackers.
- Be explicit about all templates input and output being utf-8.
- More silly stuff on query string to make silly trackers happy.
- Make it possible to override page title in templates.
- Perm-redirect to http://www.trackon.org/ in case the appspot.com address is accessed.
- Add addthis and analytics js code and dummy html file for Google Webmaster Tools..
- Remove all senseless windows file endings, sorry about that, I don’t know what I was thinking.
- Try to handle disappearing memcache more gracefully.
- Fix two bugs that prevented trackers that had explicit ports in url from being accepted. Also don’t accept explicit :80 and :443 ports.
- Updates to API docs and FAQ.
- Add missing files.